Thursday, July 16, 2009

Begin Blog: NOW!

Beginning to write is always the hardest, most awkward part. It's as though I'm waiting for Garrick Padfoot to spawn and who should turn up right beside me, but you, dear reader. Might I say you are looking lovely in that standard issue leather armor. But now the big question: Do we group, or are your intentions simply to ninja this mob I have been waiting on for nearly five minutes?

I will do the noble, nay, heroic thing and send you a group request. So, will you accept...?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope (perhaps out of that silliness above) that you will be so kind as to befriend me in this world of massively multiplayer online games that we collectively call home. My name is Max and I have for some time entertained the idea of starting a gaming blog to cover and convey my thoughts regarding video games in general, mmo games in particular, and perhaps a little random music as I see fit. Finally, I decided (out of an abundance of free time) that it was either put up or shut up, and like many current bloggers I like to hear myself talk. It inevitably had to be the former.

So, a little about myself:

I am a second year college student who, in the last several years, has developed a keen taste for online games. If the first generation entered into the massively multiplayer game space with Everquest and the second generation entered into that space with World of Warcraft then I am solidly of the second generation. However, currently I have let my WoW account slide and am beginning to dip my toes into other games, beginning with Guild Wars.

I have to admit I am somewhat of a lonely gamer. Unfortunately, very few of my friends are at all interested in my gaming hobby. This fact alone is probably the main reason why mmo's are such an appealing genre of entertainment to me. *Millions of people on this series of tubes who share my passion?! Sign me up!* (For the low, low price of $15 a month)

Also, before we get any further I should state quite plainly that I am a Noob. Most of the time I will NOT know what I'm doing. Awareness of one's own inability is always a plus, right?

Finally, my writing ability. I can promise that my grammar will not always be perfect and my perspectives not always the most well-thought-out, but I can and will guarantee that every post on this blog will be written with an honest passion for massively multiplayer online games.

So, to wrap this first post up I'd just like to say thank you, dear reader, for showing even the most meager of interest in what I have to say. Maybe we can quest again together, hopefully very soon!

-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment