Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh, Blizzard!

A couple weeks ago I was one of the lucky current unsubscribers to get a free seven days of playtime in World of Warcraft. Given my previous record of subscriptions they probably thought that a few free days would lure me right back in...and they would be right.

Except!

My main computer at the moment refuses to run the game. So, in order to use this time I had to pull out our eight year old desktop and patch the game up. With finals coming to an end this week I finally got around to logging back in yesterday. However, wouldn't you know it, yesterday (Tuesday) they decided to release patch 3.3. So, it wasn't until fairly late last night that I actually managed to log in.

This is the part though that I'm sure Blizzard were hoping for: I wasn't in Stormwind ten seconds before someone sent me a tell asking for a port! I love all that community stuff! Community and Exploration are two of the main things I look for in a game. Not coincidentally, WoW being my home game, has both these things. Say what you will about the WoW community, but in this instance they really came through for their game. So, yes, Blizzard, I would love to resubscribe to your game after these seven days run out...

...just as soon as you release Cataclysm and I find a better computer to play it on.

*Hint to Blizzard: if you want me to resub, how about a new laptop for Christmas?*

In all seriousness I'll gladly be back soon, but this break will probably be consumed by Xbox.

-Max

Now I just need to find out what happened to that guild I was in.....

No comments:

Post a Comment