Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Unfortunate Part Two: Oh, Blizzard!

Well, my glorious return to WoW was not so glorious. Remember how I said my laptop can no longer run it so I had to pull out our old desktop to run it? Well, turns out the desktop won't run it either... Without fail, (or with a lot of fail) somewhere between five and ten minutes into playing, the computer blue screens and I have to restart it. There have been some other very strange glitches too:

One time I lost all landscape features

One time I tried to tab out and the game got stuck in a frantic, glitchy transition between my desktop and the game.

And one time I was in the middle of a quest that involved setting down a torch to summon some bat demon, but as soon as I set down the torch my perspective flipped upside down. It was like gravity had flip flopped me and I was standing on the underside of the world. Hard to explain. Anyway, at first I thought this was part of the quest...until I couldn't select anything and the bat demon killed me.

You know, for a game like WoW, which is supposed to run on nearly everything, it's pretty ironic (and sucky) that it won't run on any of our computers, despite them being more than powerful enough.

I'll probably give it one more shot today, although my expectations are not high. From what I have seen so far of the changes they've made since I last played, everything is working better than ever. I especially like a lot of the quest log and map changes. It's just a shame I can't get far enough into the game to be able to appreciate it more.

-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment