Monday, August 3, 2009

Off Topic: Summertime Edition

It's always healthy to take some time out from a hobby. Today I thought I'd mention a couple things I've really been enjoying this summer.

Every season, it seems, I have a playlist of songs that I'm mainly listening to. Here is the mix that has been playing in my car for most of the last couple months.

  1. No You Girls - Franz Ferdinand
  2. Daylight - Matt & Kim
  3. My Girls - Animal Collective
  4. Summertime Clothes - Animal Collective
  5. Bruises - Chairlift
  6. No Hope Kids - Wavves
  7. Weed Demon - Wavves
  8. So Insane - Discovery
  9. With a Girl Like You - Dave Sitek (The Troggs cover)
  10. And I Was a Boy From School - Hot Chip
  11. Ready For the Floor - Hot Chip
  12. Stress - Justice (I know it's the Kanye West blog...but the video is amazing!)
  13. Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - Das Racist
  14. The Girl at the Video Game Store - Parry Gripp
  15. The Kids Don't Stand a Chance (Chromeo Remix) - Vampire Weekend
  16. Cap Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend
  17. Engine - Neutral Milk Hotel (bad picture, excellent sound)
  18. Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez
  19. Mykonos - Fleet Foxes
  20. Everyday - Rogue Wave (Buddy Holly cover)
  21. Day N' Nite - Kid Cudi
Be sure to comment back if you end up really loving any of them.

And if any of those links don't work then just search the songs or bands on Grooveshark, it's the best site I've ever seen for streaming just about any music there is.

I'd also like to mention a brand of tea called Honest Tea. If they have it at your local grocery store - do yourself a favor and buy a bottle. So far, I haven't found a flavor I haven't liked. Tea: the best thing to drink during summer, if you are underage.

This website is one of the funniest to come along in a while.

Ms. Kara Sutra (when she isn't bitchy) gives some pretty good advice.

Finally, if you are a do it yourself type of guy you probably already know about Instructables, but if not then check out the Throwies and other crazy LED projects.


Have a good rest of the summer!

-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment